Apache Configuration File:
Debian and Debian based: /etc/apache2/apache2.conf
SSL Configuration File:
Some possible names:
- In the /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/ directory.
Note: If need be please consult your distribution's documentation on Apache and SSL or navigate to the Apache Foundation's Apache2 Documentation.
4. In the VirtualHost section of the file please add these directives if they do not exist. It is best to comment out what is already there and add the below entries.
1. SSLEngine on
2. SSLCertificateKeyFile /etc/ssl/ssl.key/server.key
3. SSLCertificateFile /etc/ssl/ssl.crt/yourDomainName.crt
4. SSLCertificateChainFile /etc/ssl/ssl.crt/yourDomainName.ca-bundle ***
*** Apache 1.x:
Please use SSLCACertificateFile instead of SSLCertificateChainFile.
Note: The above paths in the directives are only used as examples. Your server may have a different path and may need to be modified to suit your needs.
5. Save your config file and restart the Apache service.