The following instructions will guide you through the CSR generation process on F5 BIG-IP Loadbalancer (version 8 and under).
- Login to the BIG-IP device as the root user and run the following command:
- Enter your company details including the full legal entity name and physical address of operation. Do not abbreviate.
- Create the CSR by entering the following command:
# /usr/local/bin/genkey www.yoursite.com
Note: You will replace www.yoursite.com with the FQDN (fully-qualified domain name) you want to secure with the certificate such as www.google.com, secure.website.org, *.domain.net, etc.
- Enter your company details such as the full legal entity name, organization unit, physical address, etc.
- Under /config/bigconfig/ssl.csr/ locate and open the newly created CSR file named after the FQDN you specified (i.e. www.yoursite.com.csr) in a text editor such as Notepad and copy all of the text including:
-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE REQUEST-----
-----END CERTIFICATE REQUEST-----
Note: You may have to transfer the CSR to the workstation you will use to order the certificate.
- Return to the Generation Form on our website and paste the entire CSR into the blank text box and continue with completing the generation process.