CSR Generation Instructions
The following instructions will guide you through the CSR generation process on Microsoft Exchange 2007.
- Launch Microsoft Exchange 2007 from your programs and select Exchange Management Shell.
- Copy and paste the below command in a text editor such as Notepad.
New-ExchangeCertificate-GenerateRequest -KeySize 2048 -Path c:\YourCSRName.txt -SubjectName "c=US, l=YourLocalityOrCity, s=YourStateOrProvince, o=YourCompanyInc, cn=YourFirstDomain.com" -DomainName SubjectAlternativeName1.com, SubjectAlternativeName2.com -PrivateKeyExportable:$true
- Edit your CSR details accordingly in Notepad:
- -Path c:\YourCSRFileName.txt: The file path where you want to save the CSR as a “.txt” file.
- Country Name (C): The official two-letter country code (i.e. US, CH) where your organization is legally incorporated.
- Locality or City (L): The locality or city where your organization is legally incorporated. Do not abbreviate.
- State or Province (S): The state or province where your organization is legally incorporated. Do not abbreviate.
- Organization Name (O): The full legal name of your organization including the corporate identifier.
- Common Name (CN): The FQDN (fully-qualified domain name) you want to secure with the certificate such as www.google.com, secure.website.org, *.domain.net, etc.
- Domain Name (DN): Use a comma(s) to separate any additional domains (Subject Alternative Name) from your primary domain name (Common Name) that you wish to secure under the same SSL certificate; if necessary.
- PrivateKeyExportable:$true: Leave this command marked as “$true” if you want to export the key pair and move the SSL certificate to another computer or device.
- Copy and paste the edited CSR details into the Exchange Management Shell utility, and press Enter. A Thumbprint should appear if the CSR was successfully created.
- Locate and open the newly created CSR from the specified location you choose in a text editor such as Notepad and copy all the text including:
-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE REQUEST-----
-----END CERTIFICATE REQUEST-----
- Return to the Generation Form on our website and paste the entire CSR into the blank text box and continue with completing the generation process.