The following instructions will guide you through the CSR generation process on Microsoft Exchange 2010.
- Launch Microsoft Exchange 2010 from your programs and select Exchange Management Console.
- Select Manage Databases on the right hand side.
- Select Server Configurations in the left side menu.
- Select New Exchange Certificate in the right side menu.
- Enter a Friendly Name when prompted in the opened window.
Note: Please name the file something you can easily recognize in the future. This will only be an internal reference name and will not be part of your SSL certificate.
- In the Domain Scope menu, select the check box ONLY if you are using a Wildcard Certificate (*.yourdomain.com) and if so, skip to Step 8. If not, proceed accordingly to the next screen/step.
- In the Exchange Configuration menu, click the Service Options that you plan on securing and specify the Domain Name for each service.
Note: The next screen will suggest names for you. You can remove them if you like by right clicking on them.
- Enter in the following CSR Details:
- Common Name (CN): The FQDN (fully-qualified domain name) you want to secure with the certificate such as www.google.com, secure.website.org, *.domain.net, etc.
- Organization Name (ON): The full legal name of your organization including the corporate identifier.
- Organizational Unit (OU): Your department such as 'Information Technology' or 'Website Security.'
- Locality or City (L): The locality or city where your organization is legally incorporated. Do not abbreviate.
- State or Province (S): The state or province where your organization is legally incorporated. Do not abbreviate.
- Country Name (C): The official two-letter country code (i.e. US, CH) where your organization is legally incorporated.
- Click Browse to specify the location where you want to save the CSR as a ".reg" file and click Save.
- Enter a friendly name to distinguish the request in the future.
- Click Next, New, and then Finish.
- Locate and open the newly created CSR from the specified location you choose in a text editor such as Notepad and copy all the text including:
-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE REQUEST-----
-----END CERTIFICATE REQUEST-----
- Return to the Generation Form on our website and paste the entire CSR into the blank text box and continue with completing the generation process.