The following instructions will guide you through the CSR generation process on Web Host Manager (WHM).
- Log in to WHM, this can typically be accessed by going to https://domain.com:2087.
Note: You may encounter error message "Your connection is not private" or something similar when attempting to visit your WHM login page. This is caused due to your login page using a self-signed certificate by default. Please disregard this and proceed past the error message.
- Enter your Username/Password and click Log in.
- View your WHM Home page.
- Click the SSL/TLS button.
- In your SSL/TLS Manager page, click Generate an SSL Certificate and Signing Request.
- Fill out the Request Form and click Create.
Note 1: We do not recommend sending the private key via email over an insecure channel.
Note 2: By default, WHM will automatically generate the corresponding private key if "2,048 bits (Recommended)" is selected as the Key Size. If you already have a private key created that you wish to use, select the Key Size dropdown and select the appropriate option.
- Congratulations, you have created a CSR and automatically saved it in your user directory.
- Click into the Signing Request text box that's presented after generation, and copy all if the text including:
-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE REQUEST-----
-----END CERTIFICATE REQUEST-----
- Return to the Generation Form back on our website and paste the entire CSR into the blank text bow and continue with completing the generation process.